Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Sketchbook Project

I signed up for the Sketchbook Project last fall and I've been madly sketching ever since. Here's a bit of background about the project:
--
Thousands of sketchbooks will be exhibited at galleries and museums as they make their way on tour across the country. After the tour, all sketchbooks will enter into the permanent collection of The Brooklyn Art Library, where they will be barcoded and available for the public to view. 28836 artists from 94 countries around the world are participating!
--
So me, and 28835 other people will submit our sketchbooks to be a part of this traveling exhibition. I sent in my finished book today!! My assigned theme was Secret Codes and my spin on the theme was Daisies and Dandelions. "Maybe the codes that are secret are those codes not created by people. Maybe the secret codes are those created in nature. The secrets to why some flowers are white and others are yellow, and why some seeds produce daisies and others produce dandelions."

I filled my sketchbook with line drawings of flowers and seeds and pollens. Here are a few samples.













1 comment:

  1. Denise, these line drawings are beautiful! My friend was participating in this project too but not sure if she finished. (p.s. it's Lois)

    ReplyDelete